Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Heart Pangs.....

I woke up to a bright sunny day and this really makes me happy. The splendid day allured me to venture out. But before making further plans i sat in front of my machine to send an email to my cousin wishing him all the good luck for his upcoming exam. While i was about to log out someone pinged me at one of the social sites. The name appeared unfamiliar to me and most importantly it was evident it was pseudonym. While i was unwilling to divulge any details i recognised once when she introduced me to herself...Of course she could sense my insecurity and she made some extra efforts to convince me. Her name was almost chucked out from my memory (grins!!!!)

Well, she used to be one of our batch mates but due to her fathers posting she didn't continue with us. The epoch was too short for sure. She launched an avalanche of questions and i patiently answered them giving too less time to ask her something. The biggest question was when she saw my marital status!! She didn't forget to congratulate though our chatting continued.....

Last heard a few years ago, courtesy all the social networking sites, she got married to the person she was in love with. I remember a few of her uninvited acquaintances raised a toast wishing her a prosperous married life. Somehow i managed to tilt the set of questions towards her. I asked her about her post marital life. Unfortunately i could not read between the lines. It was only when i tried to pull her leg inquiring if she had started her own family, i could gauge her silence. I realized that the couple broke up sometime after their marriage. I cursed my imbecility. I apologized and she was quick to forgive me.. After some revelations of her personal life i could feel her void tone. I tried to provide her some comfort with my words and promised to be in touch...

Later in the day i went to the delicatessen to get some veggies but somehow her words lingered in my mind. The pain of separation can never be explained but only be felt. As they say, 'only the wearer knows where the shoe pinches.'

No comments:

Post a Comment