Thursday, May 10, 2018

Happy Mother's Day 2018

Hola, 2017 disappeared and 2018 is flying fast. Hold on, I have been trying to run equally faster but 2017 just slipped away. Well, i tried to galvanize it in many ways. I gave birth and as the altruism of life we not only give birth but get a new life in the form of 'mother'. It's a generic word and can be explained very perspicuously but the weight of the word can felt with time. It's a feeling. I am not going deep but every time i look into my child's eyes i ponder how exactly my mother felt years ago while raising her children.

A cursory glance at my childhood pictures takes me many moons back. I certainly do not remember all the occasions when those pictures were taken. Back in those days we did not have much access to cameras and studios but the idea of clicking and saving moments was always a hit. I have a special liking about a photo where me and my sibling were trying hard not to look at the photographer in the studio but at our father, who was trying to make us smile with his antics. Wearing a neat frock stitched by my mother that picture still holds a very special place in my heart till date.

Now while raising my children i realize that mothers are sustenance of our lives. We outgrow every possible thing but we never outgrow mother's love. Each day is a lesson of gratitude  to my mother. The suzerainty with which a mother protects her children can never be judged but only applauded. Yes, i do it in my own way every day while trying to raise them.

Dear Mom, even though its been years that you are done with raising your children, still i feel i am still running around you. Clad in saree you ran around to make us do our daily activities yet the child in us always wanted to get naughtier and mischievous. Years later when i am raising my own, i truly feel your knees must have hurt or your toes must have felt sore but you never expressed. Probably when we slept you could properly breathe. The food you painstakingly prepared each time was not always appreciated yet gulped down but now have to wait for the calendars to change years to meet and have the food exclusively prepared by you. Now when my toasts get burnt or the vegetables remain uncooked at times i feel the pinch. Motherhood isn't a doleful experience but a gamut of experiences which time teaches so efficiently. I pine for everything my children complain about. Perhaps as a sequel of my childhood.

Mom, i couldn't be everything whatever you dreamt of. When you were raising me you must have knitted thousands of dreams which i am totally unaware of till date but the only dream i have today is to raise them good. A mind with good thoughts which makes them great human.

My children,  every year the handmade card i receive is so precious that i want to share with world and say Yes, motherhood pays back. Mom, if you could feel what i feel right now then we both could laugh holding our tea cups and saying "Motherhood is rewarding, but not easy".

No comments:

Post a Comment