Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wandering Mind...

Immediately after our marriage my husband passed a very useful tip. Please don't let your minds wander!!! He said never in life try to please everyone, u will end up making yourself sad. People will overlook your effort and pounce upon you for your mistakes. I can vehemently say he was just too correct. Today i exactly experienced the same feeling. People around me were happy but somewhere in my heart i couldn't persuade myself because in my opinion i couldn't cater to everyone's wishes!!!

May be these are just some frivolous thoughts but it takes a while to coax and cajole to come in tandem with rationality. Mind and heart just wanders and i do not seem to have their reins in my hands. At every step life just opens a package full of surprises which at times i find too hard to react. I wonder at times why can't our parents stay with us forever to guide us to provide solace whenever our minds wander? I know they can't..huh..

The oddity of my husband's statement is that it is true and i have to abide by it if do not want further heart aches. So what if somebody doesn't like me, my face, my home, my family and on and on. I cannot stop living my life. I have to live my life fruitfully so that on one winter afternoon when i sit idly on my recliner i can rejoice in the fact that i have lived life to the hilt. I will pass my tears and tensions so that wrinkles and crinkles stay at bay...lol..But my last and emphatic word will be 'thanks' to all those people who have made me realize`this facet of life. Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment