Thursday, August 19, 2010

Web-tangle....

Hello there, off late lots of things in life have been keeping me hooked to the extent that i do not find time to visit my neighbors. Strange, ehhh!!! I know and if by chance you are a warm friendly candid person reading these lines i bet you wont have many good things to say about me. (Chuckles!!!) Such is the tenacity of the web world which almost keeps me glued to the extent that at times i miss my favorite serials which i myself find unbelievable...

Of course, my mother never fails to warn me about the damage that its gonna cause to my already poor eyesight but only to be followed by tumultuous discussion. The web world is such a huge platform where perhaps we all try to rediscover ourselves be it through the social sites where we discover our long lost friends, or floating our resume, portfolios, playing numerous games, blaring our opinion on any issue and what not. Irrespective of all the above mentioned good things, at times we fall prey to this world as well. We are cheated, fooled by fraudulent means and then perhaps we start cursing as to why this invention was made.

I know a lot of people will have their stories to share about how they were tricked to provide their personal details only to regret later. The irritating pop ups at each one of our screens at times deviates our minds from our works thus stepping towards the uncharted territory. Now you will tell me that there are ways to block those pop ups, but please spare a thought for those old aged people who use computers and internet to pay their bills which they find hard to pay standing in the queue or for playing some games. I recently came across an old man who otherwise looked sensible enough to handle internet and computers but made some unintentional error of entering his credit card number at some unreliable site only to receive a long receipt at his home after a few days for the purchase which he wasn't aware. Fortunately for him there were mentors who took some appropriate actions to stop further purchases.

We all have heard these stories from friend's friend or some one further than that, besides, reading about them in the newspaper & of course in the internet, yet at times we tend to get inadvertent.

As George Berkeley said, "It is natural for careless writers to run into faults they never think of". So my friend, look before you leap....

No comments:

Post a Comment