Thursday, February 13, 2020

Tiffin Tales 105

Hello everyone,

We are all towards the mid of February and I am sure the winters have toned down a bit. The days have started to get longer a bit. The sun rays appear a few minutes earlier and stays longer. These days I smell a bit of spring too.

Tomorrow is Valentine's day and no this post isn't about to how to celebrate the day. I am sure by now most of them have planned a bit to celebrate in their own small way. Now what makes me ponder is the fact why do we need a day to express and celebrate. Most of us have that special one in our lives with whom we plan to celebrate. Of course there are ones who have't met or going through a lean phase or do not believe in this concept at all. But to set one day to celebrate love still fills my mind with tons of questions.

Love is a very generic word and it doesn't define just one relation. Love comes form in many forms and all we need just a heart to feel it. We love our families, friends, movie characters and many people who touch our lives in some way.

I remember in my growing years, I was so fond of an actor that I refused to believe that his character in a movie passed away. I loved him a lot, and still do but at that point the tears just refused to stop. Ha ha. I still watch his movies but now with lots of love and warmth. While love can give strength sometimes it makes debilitated too. Many many moons back when I used to go to school there was a grandpa who lived close to our neighborhood. He wasn't in our line of houses but somewhat close by and we had to cross his house when I started going to college. During my school days we didn't meet that often but the route during college used to make me meet him often. He lived with his family of son, daughter-in-law and grand children. Most of the time he used to be seen sitting on his easy chair in the front of his house and talking to passer by. As I became regular, he used to wave at me and soon it became a regular thing. I used to purposely look at the direction of their home to wave at him. A few months I started to talk a few words too. I used to enquire about his health and his medicines. I remember he had the broadest smile. I never saw my grandfather and I grew fond of him. He saw me through my graduation too and soon I had to take a different route of life and destination. A year later I got the news that he passed away and the more surprising fact that I came to know that he couldn't hear well. He used to wave, smile and always say that 'I am fine, all is well'. Somehow that day I cried a lot too. We had no blood relation still I adored him and perhaps loved him too.

Love is both the most delicate and strongest of all feelings ever felt. It gives so much fortitude to the mind and heart that we ourselves get stupefied of our capabilities. Celebrate love in whatever form it may come. Do not restrict your love to human beings only. Animals understand the language of love too. Shower them with love too. They may not give you any flowers but they will give their hearts for sure.

I have no plans of celebrating this day but I am planning to bake a cake that goes well with tea. Now let me find some easy peasy cake recipe while you guys enjoy the day.

Spread love

No comments:

Post a Comment