Saturday, April 4, 2020

Tiffin Tales 109

Hola,

Hope this blog finds you in the best of health. We all are anxious now with what is going around and we all are affected in some way or the other. We can express through our words but through the web world mostly.

A lot has changed around us in the past few weeks. People who run to catch the trains are sitting at home to work from their home stations to people losing their jobs in this economic turmoil. People are queuing at the grocery stories at the earliest possible time. We all are apprehensive, stressed and choked with emotions. The market is flooded with information and directives and we are just trying to sail through all of them.

Children at home are confused while the elderly people look blankly outside the windows. We all are restless and scared. The fear has gripped our minds and souls and perhaps taught some valuable pieces of human nature.

Let me share something that I felt this week. Every year my daughter goes to my neighbors house on the eighth or ninth day of Navratri for "kanjak" celebrations. On this day young girls are worshipped in the form of Goddess Durga. They are given something as an offering to the Goddess and a small token of gift. My daughter is too young to finish her plate but we enjoy her plate whole heartedly. This year due to the pandemic I was a bit upset that we wont be able to get the offerings. On the ninth day there was a knock on my door. I was extremely surprised as I wasn't expecting any deliveries or anyone during this time. I was a bit skeptical but by the time i reached for the door my phone rang. My neighbor called to inform me that she kept a plate of the offerings for my daughter. I opened the door and so touched to see that. She had neatly packed it and kept it there and to maintain the distance she left and called me to inform.

I cannot express how I felt. The universe must have heard my babbles that how I missed this. I was so happy and just said a heartfelt prayer. With the situation around us, I considered it to be a sign that all will be fine soon. It's gloomy outside and inside our hearts but let's have the positivity in our hearts that the dark nights will end.

With this thought I am trying to hold my mind and keep my children cheerful. We all can try a bit and help each other walk through this dark times.

Catch you all soon.. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment