Sunday, May 17, 2020

Tiffin Tales 116

Hola...

It's been pouring and pouring incessantly for the last twenty four hours. The clouds seem to get heavier with each passing hour. Looking out of the window seems to be more painful. We have been taking turns to watch the TV but somehow get spiritless after an hour or so. We all try to stretch perhaps every two 
hours to prevent the tailbone from curling. Sigh...

This weekend we tried to socialize a bit more. When the lockdown had started we all made apprehensive calls, then the calls were more about asking about well being and I feel we make calls to kill time at times. Of course the working calls aren't counted in them though. We made video calls to add extra more minutes because when we see faces it adds many more things to discuss apart from the virus and groceries.

This morning my elder one refused to have any kind of breakfast that was offered. He gently dissented that he was quite exhausted of cereals, breads, 'poha', 'upma'. I could feel his anger but I was confused too. I am also running out of options but refused to revel that to him. I tried to make something for him which eventually cheered him and thus my morning was salvaged. Okay, if you ask me, let me tell you it was nothing but my own version of pancakes. It had good amount of eggs and butter. Now promise me if you go through these lines you won't tell him. Secret! Mothers are so good with hacks you see.

After the morning storm at the table we moved to lunch. Nobody asked me anything but I was feeling lackadaisical too. The weather outside was enough to make anyone feel passive. I just pulled out some chicken from freezer, marinated it and cooked it with minimal spices but made sure it was a bit spicy. There was no complaints from anyone instead everyone went for a second round and secretly I smiled. Lunch sorted too. Sigh!

I won't be writing about dinner to bore you but yes dinner went off peacefully too. This is one of the many days when rains have been like a comatose to our lives. We have ordered our books from the library and this is the highlight of the day. My elder ones was waiting when he could get hold of a few books but surfing himself through the library books in person has to wait for a while. As of now we can just order and patiently wait for pick up notification. We aren't aware of the new rules yet. Let wait. Life is going to start in a new way soon. New set of challenges and new rules of living it. Let's hope we all adjust to it....

No comments:

Post a Comment