Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Tiffin Tales 117

Hola...

The clouds are slowly giving way to sun. The sun is visiting us after a gap of five days and we are hoping to see him everyday. It isn't a bright sunny day yet feels good to catch a glimpse of sun every now and then.

This morning my elder one was struggling a bit to play a simple song on his guitar. It hasn't been long that he started to learn this instrument. We cannot completely say he loves it but he shows interest to play it. He is short tempered and very emotional by nature. He cannot hide his frustration or anger. I could see his frustration at his inability to master that tune. Patience still doesn't come close to him, perhaps fearing his temperament. Well, I always joke about that. He struggled for sometime and then he 'almost' gave up. I suddenly murmured that, 'you are trying your best, and success follows soon." I don't know how much he listens to me but this morning he did. He did and he triumphed. 

Words have so much magical effect on our minds and hearts especially on the kids. A simple line or a few encouraging words makes a day and perhaps frames a mind. When it comes to kids they take parents words very seriously and sometimes they get imprinted in their minds. I encourage my kids to try everything in life and think less about consequences. Trying new things opens a lot of opportunities compared to guarding them against everything. Now when I say this it doesn't mean I advise them them to do anything unhealthy, unlawful or anything abhorrent in nature. I want them to try, fail, learn and then set on a new adventure. Trying new things takes a broader horizon to look at challenges and some encouragement. I cannot say about other kids but mine are restless and are constantly looking for a change of activities. It is highly challenging and exhausting on my part but yet I feel in the process we all might end up learning something unknown.

We all need perhaps one perhaps who will never give up on us irrespective of the circumstances. One person could be just anyone who will encourage us to swim even if the tides are high. We all need one and we should try to be that one. Trying to be that one will be a bit harder because at some point we will have to let go off our ego and put some else on the priority list. To overlook their faults and happily embracing them just the way they are. 

My mind is clouded when i think how I will be able to navigate their thoughts and lives but no matter what we as parents will love them unconditionally for just the way they are and the way they want to be....

No comments:

Post a Comment