Friday, March 15, 2019

Tiffin Tales 93

Hola...

We have reached almost at the end of the week. It's been drizzling since morning and i didn't get proper time to have my breakfast today.

Since it rained almost the entire last night , this morning we all found ourselves running to beat the clock and get things done on time. In my last post i had excitedly shared about going out for walking since its spring weather. Darn, the rains haven't stopped after that. The weather took a sharp turn after that.

It's been quite sometime that I have been home and taking 'good' care of everyone. At times i miss 'myself' especially my childhood. I realize a lot better with time how fun it was to be around parents with so less responsibilities. At times i feel sitting down with my parents would have been the best therapeutic thing for my soul. I remember my red polka dotted dress which my mom had stitched for me and i would twirls in that. She had stitched so many dresses for me but that red dress still remains etched in my mind. There was never a dull day in my childhood. There were meltdowns but all in all when i look back it was nothing less than a magical childhood free from the clutches of gadgets. I guess our television would have conked off i watched even the amount of time my S watches his games. We had tons of outside play time and less of indoors. The rains would stop us but then the boys would enjoy playing football in the rains. For them it was another level of excitement to get drenched and keep playing.

I can keep writing and writing but my neighbor friend just came in and my train of thoughts have been derailed. She came to ask for milk because her can of milk has gone bad. She will probably go tomorrow to get some more as its pouring outside now. This morning I made my S some mixed vegetable 'paratha'. Please do not ask about the vegetables, it was a medley and i do not think you will appreciate the combination. His snack box had some pear slices, and a small packet of chips.

I leave some thoughts for the next week but i hope you all enjoy the weekend and take ample rest. Eat, sleep, watch movies and if possible repeat...Till then Happy Weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment