Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Tiffin Tales 90

Hola....

How are you all doing? Talking about me and my family we were slightly hit by some cold waves which led all of us having runny noses and coughing. The house was littered with tissues all over and we had early spring cleaning this weekend. The winters have been relentless this year and now we are restless for the spring to arrive soon.

The best thing about family is that no matter wherever we stay we are always tied by some affection and tenderness. Last week when we all were sneezing and coughing my family made sure to call us every morning and evening to enquire about our health. They are of the opinion thats it's the least of the thing they can do to make us feel better. Staying on the other side of the globe when frequent traveling isn't feasible staying connected with the technology is the only solace. During the last few days my children got some extra flying kisses and me some deep deep love which can come just from family.

The week started with 'Maha Shivaratri' and we celebrate it quite passionately. While I never go to temples to celebrate, because certain things i believe celebrating at home gives the children more participation. Monday being a weekday we had a small celebration at our homes and my S had thousand questions to ask. He is always overflowing with questions and some questions drive me up the wall. Our 'Puja' was concluded with a small vegetarian meal devoid of onion and garlic. Bengali's do not consider onion and garlic to be vegetarians. Now the vegetarian meal also faced some critique and assessment but the taste i guess was positive enough.

This morning was windy too and we started the day rushing to the bus stop. I packed some 'Paneer' rice with some carrots and peas and a dash of butter. The snack box had few oranges a banana and yoghurt.

How are you all sailing through the week? Let me know if possible. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment