Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Tiffin Tales 89

Hola....

How was your morning coffee/tea today? I am sure a major chunk of the world population start their day with a fresh cup of coffee or hot tea. My mom refuses to do anything without her morning tea. She loves tea but I know the first tea in the morning is without milk. She still has over 3-4 cups per day which may or may not be with milk. Towards the evening she refuses to have any tea fearing acidity even if she is visiting or someone is visiting her. Her love for tea hasn't changed over the years and she enjoys her cup with equal fondness. Over the years we tried to introduce her to different flavors including green tea claiming it to be healthy but she refuses the modifications.

We grew in a place which is still famous for tea leaves. I remember as a child I have been to factories to see the process roughly. While the actual process starts with plucking the correct leaves and then drying them and then the detailed process before they are released in the market in charming packages. A good tea enthusiast can instantly smell and assess the quality of the tea very easily. One of my Uncles had this beatified quality to determine the quality of tea just by smelling or perhaps having a sip. We used to be extra cautious before serving him tea whenever he visited us.

Now, when it comes to me I never had any closeness or emotion any tea. I do sip in at times when I make some pakoras or when its pouring outside. But those memories are much warmer to me instead of the tea cup. This morning and all day I have been thinking of my mother and as usual wished to go to her. Perhaps I would have joined her in her tea time and take a dip in my childhood memories.

Well now that I myself am a mother and and my children are making their childhood memories I want to add all the colors of the rainbow in their lives. All happy hues. This morning I made broccoli stir fried rice along with some diced chicken pieces for lunch box. The snack box had pears and strawberries and yoghurt.

 If you are reading this, enjoy with a cup of warm tea, I hope you will enjoy it...Catch you all soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment