Friday, February 8, 2019

Tiffin Tales 83

Hola...

How are you all doing? I hope the weather is being kind to you and you all are making most of the winters. From my window it looks to be a gorgeous bright sunny day but just a step outside its almost bone shattering windy and cold. So I guess watching the sun from inside is more warming and soothing. The winds are tough and the sun looks sweet. The oranges these days are juicy and sweet but the winters haven't been kind to them.

A friend of mine dropped for tea this morning and it felt so good. She had some work and she decided to have a cup of tea at my place. She indeed surprised me and I had quite a good time chatting with here. The good times lasted with 45 minutes though and she had other chores too but those minutes definitely rejuvenated me. Sometimes its so important to discuss or vent out our emotions of feelings. The heart feels heavily relived though. Discussing acts as a window which lets fresh thoughts in and lets the older ones go out.

The cold wind is surely going to last for today and tomorrow and we see snow on Sunday. This year the winters have been brutal for us for sure. As my son repeatedly asks for spring and he wants to change the calendar pages fast so that winters passes and spring steps in. I find his words funny though because we all are governed by time even the weather. There cannot be snow in summer and beach weather in winter. I explain him but children are innocent. Perhaps I am also quietly waiting for the flowers to bloom and the leaves to come back.

It's Friday again and it's a pizza day for my son. He excitedly waits when he will proudly stand in the line and order a slice of his favorite cheese pizza, a fruit and a glass of milk. The pride of sitting with friends who eats from their boxes and discussing his luck on Fridays is the highlight of the day. On other days other kids get their share of blessings and my son waits for Friday. Of course the snack goes from home and today its a cheese stick, a banana and a small packet of chips. I wish I was born now :)

Enjoy the weekend friends and catch you all next week....

No comments:

Post a Comment