Friday, April 12, 2019

Tiffin Tales 97

Hola....

It's Friday again and most of us are thanking the universe probably. The weather played such a damper after those two bright days. The temperatures dropped down more than expected and we have wrapped ourselves again. This morning my S refused to go to school saying its winter again and I faked about spring. Poor him. I had to explain him that weather conditions change very quickly here and hopefully we should be back to spring weather soon.

This week we received a disturbing news. A friend of mine was discussing the other day that one of her neighbors had to go out of town along with his family. They had to take a flight for a couple of days owing to so function. As we all do, they got themselves a cab from their home to the airport instead of driving themselves. Now the twist is the cab driver apparently appeared to be a helpful and smiling guy who had a friendly chat all along to the airport. The family thanked him and payed him tip too for all the extra help with their luggage handling. When they received their destination and turned their phones on they were surprised to see a lot of missed calls from their neighbor friends. They hastily called and were flabbergasted with what they heard. The cab driver who picked them from their and dropped them at the airport went straight to their home to break their door with the intention of burglary. Some one suspected and it seems their house alarms went on too. This caused a panic and soon people realized something dubious. The man got caught. The family went almost benumbed thinking about the driver with whom they chatted a couple of hours back. It was both shocking and startling for them.

When I came to know I wondered how low we can go these days. We fake everything. Trusting is more complicated than raising children. We all have friends, some real, some virtual yet we don't know whom to trust. The family was sure to be shaken by this incident. Every time I learn about things like this I question myself, where are we heading towards? It shakes my beliefs and makes me question about humanity. It doesn't make me angry but makes me feel pitiable towards my surroundings where I cannot confide in anyone.

I hate to share these stories with my S but I still try to make him aware of the surroundings. I always ask him to smile more and trust less. Life is full of surprises but I always advice him to enjoy the pleasant ones and leave the ugly ones behind. Learn from them but do not carry them with you. Its Friday and it's pizza day for my S. His snack box had a banana, some slices of pears and a piece of small cake.

Enjoy your weekend folks and please spread more positivity around you.The world badly needs it...

No comments:

Post a Comment