Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Tiffin Tales 22

Hola...

It's a Tuesday with lots of mixed emotions just like our weather here. The weather change is hitting hard this time and we are taking our turns to wipe our noses and having bowls of soup to clear throat.

This morning I woke up to see my phone flooded with photos from my cousins who are actively doing shopping for upcoming Durga Puja festival. Lots of sarees with matching accessories, shoes and what not. For a moment all the pictures made me green with envy but I enjoyed browsing the photos. While each one of us poured our crackerjack opinion on the purchases, but my early morning conversation with my cousins definitely exhilarated my mood for the rest of the day.

My S woke up and excitedly asked why i was smiling so i explained him in a nutshell. He grinned and said these are girly talks and doesn't want to know more. I could not help stop laughing. I saw him running to his dad and informing him the same. I don't know what he said but i could hear them giggling. Of course, I ignored because I was almost drowned in the conversation. A quick glance at the clock and I almost started to sprint.

My S had a dentist appointment last evening so he missed doing his homework. This morning I had to get after him to complete his work. Goodness, for a few minutes I was cursing myself why wasted those precious minutes over the phone but the other side of the brain and heart was smiling too.

Staying thousands of miles away from homeland and festivities I was somewhat missing the shopping part but this small moment of conversation cheered me up and this my gratitude of the day. On a happy note i packed egg fried rice for my S and snack box had berries, pears and his daily dosage of yoghurt.

Hop everyone finds their moments of gratitude all day and everyday. Take care...

No comments:

Post a Comment