Monday, October 1, 2018

Tiffin Tales 21

Hola....

Its Monday and its super cloudy here. I hope everyone had a good weekend. Only the fortunate ones must have had a relaxing weekend. I managed to steal a few extra minutes (not hours though) for myself this weekend though.

Parenting is so complex and I so wish there was a sure shot formula or blueprint for raising children. As children grow up its not only a whirlwind of emotions for them but for parents as well. We evolve everyday as parents too. Our emotions are thickly attached with our children. When they are upset we get affected too. As grow and discover their surroundings and people, we grow with them too. The constant challenge to guide them, protect them, nourish their brains and body especially when they are totally dependent on you. They start to see the world through our eyes, speak the way we teach them but its their thought process we carefully need to steer. Its the mind which gives rise to curiosity and curiosity leads to discovery.

This morning me and my S were discussing food and its ramification on the body. I was also trying to prioritize not to waste any food. There are millions of people all over the world who go without food for days. After a few minutes of conversation my S wanted an explanation of poverty. What is poverty and how do we get poor? The question was a bit deep to explain in the morning rush. What makes us poor? Unable to eat to unable to share? Well, it hit me somewhere and the entire day those words acted like a hungover. While my objective was to bang in his head that he should not be wasting food, he almost left me numb for the day with his questions.

I think this weekend we will have a detailed conversation on this and i will have a few more lines to write. This morning was very dull and my S wanted something good looking for his lunch box. I made him a vegetable sandwich with loads of combination of colorful vegetables. This weekend we got a a big batch of yoghurt but my S didn't like the taste it seems. So the snack box had fruits and a cheese stick.

More parenting and growing woe tales tomorrow. Take rest! Mondays can be battering too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment