Thursday, October 11, 2018

Tiffin Tales 29

Hola..

I woke up thinking today is Friday...lol...I looked into my phone only to realize my feelings were very momentary. As i dragged myself out of bed, all of a sudden i started to skid and almost skated in bed of lego pieces and found myself rolling in the floor. It was indeed a very good morning and to shake myself up. Ouch!

As i discussed yesterday the importance of talking in native language, yes, i blasted in my language this morning. Starting from the weather to the clock, to the toys and finally at the dishwasher which i had forgot to turn it on. My misery knew no bounds when important pieces of the kitchen were in the washer and turning in cycles, i was struggling a bit with sleepy eyes to put everything together. Sensing a trouble brewing, the other members kept a safe distance from me this morning. Oh yes, i was murmuring in my language.

As the day settled down, and sense dawned upon me i realized that for most of the things i was to be chided. Had i slept with the alarms on, i wouldn't have been late. Had i paid a bit more attention and turned on the dishwasher, the morning would have been different. Had i shown some extra patience and helped my child in cleaning up his toys perhaps i would not have tipped off. Extra of everything would have made it but i guess i was too tired. We all like anything 'extra'. From extra cheese on pizza to extra minutes of sleep, to an extra day off we all look forward to our extra moments. From extra morning snuggles with my children, to requesting the clock to provide extra minutes, we all look forward to these additional. This morning i couldn't say anything to my husband, he came pretty late and was almost drained out to have that 'extra' patience to help in cleaning or other jobs.

Whenever i visit my parents i always secretly wish for some miraculous extra days. Miracles do happen but never for mere mortals like me. For my S extra is extra cheese, extra piece of his cherished cake, extra playtime, extra screen time. While he doesn't like any extra food except his favorite one's but secretly wishes for extra holidays though.

As of today i will stick only to the positive side of extra. Not all extras are enjoyable. In my next post i will discuss a few anecdotes of what undesirable extra did to my family (humorous though). Today my S carried 'upma' as i had shortage of utensils and cooking equipments and this dish seemed like a quick fix. Snack box was regular with fruits and cheese though.

Have a great Thursday folks...

No comments:

Post a Comment