Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Tiffin Tales 23

Hola....

What a day of surprise... The weather suddenly climbed the stairs and we almost thought that it's a summer day. It was a super windy day but given the temperatures were a darling number hence everyone seemed to enjoy the winds today.

As yesterday was spent in indulging in sartorial choices my cousins made for the festive season, the feeling somehow lingered in my mind and i guess the happiness remained in my blood vessels as well. But life is a jumble and when we try to solve a part of it, another part is alternated. As i spoke to my mother this morning i came to know a few of our long distant relatives passed away. I knew they were struggling with age old diseases and somewhere we find it very hard to accept that we won't see them ever agin in this journey. That barrenness is never repleted. Time makes those memories go weak but that essence never goes away. While i was praying to the Almighty for the departed soul i suddenly started to miss my grandmother. It's been more than a decade that she left us yet at times i still feel her gentle touch. I took a trip the memory lane for sometime and tried to recollect those wonderful years spent with her.

Every year before the festive season starts i pray for her soul to the Almighty. She would be so happy and excited for me and my brother during this season. Her excitement was connected with us and by any chance if there were any school tests around that time she would be more upset than us. Even though she lived a long life yet our human gluttony wants more. Memories are indeed precious.

This morning there was no Broadway show at home and everyone seemed to be very accommodating. I guess someone or something was preparing me for the upcoming news. Life and time moves on and moving on with them is perhaps maturity. Today my S took his favorite 'upma' with added 'ghee'. He loves it and i love making it for him. His snack was little bit different. Along with fruits he he took a packet of popcorn  and he seemed quite excited with the change...

Enjoy those precious minutes for they will turn into like a beautiful butterfly of memories. Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment