Monday, October 8, 2018

Tiffin Tales 26

Hola...

'Subho Mahalaya', yes thats how on this day Bengalis all over the world greet and wish each other. Our belief that Goddess Durga had descended on earth and will be celebrated and worshipped all across in her various forms or 'avatars'.

Since it's my children's childhood now, i walk an extra mile to coach and develop their thought process towards our cultures and traditions. My belief is that even if we are not deeply religious but we should have fair idea about our roots and institution. Growing up we used we wake at 4 am and somehow waking up so early never seemed to be an effort. The excitement was so much that most of us would look forward to that very day. I have always been a morning person but the ones who weren't (cousin's) would comply with that exceptional day.

This morning was a bit different. The weekend was dampened with all most all of coughing and i had a brake fail runny nose. No amount chicken soup or warm lemon water was able to keep a tab on my runny nose. Goodness, it was terrible. Today even though the number of tissues are certainly less yet i have a sore throat and almost a baritone voice. Of course everything has its own influence. I hadn't had the need to request anything twice to my children because of my gravity of voice. The schools were closed today and we had a lazy day today at home.

My S is always fond of home made cookies and cakes. The morning started with 'chandi path'by the legendary Birendra Krishna Bhadra. Mahalaya is incomplete without him and we still get goosebumps listening to him. I tried my best to explain in nutshell to my S the significance though i am not sure how much he could fathom. In the evening he requested me to bake something and i oblidged. I baked him some orange flavored muffin and now my kitchen smells heavenly. We grated some orange peels because we never use orange flavor. Fresh orange zest always adds special kick to the aroma to the cake/muffin. My S was impeccably happy and what else could i ask for.

Have a wonderful time and catch you all tomorrow. Love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment