Saturday, September 29, 2018

Tiffin Tales 20

Hola...

Yes, yes, i missed Friday post. Even though in this over populated earth there may be or may not be a single reader of my post yet, somehow and somewhere i feel connected. In essence i feel there are many women who face early morning crisis of packing lunch boxes for their children or spouses. I do not have any food blog but take help from different blogs for both Indian and non Indian dish ideas.

There was a reason why i missed my Friday post. As i settled down for the day after sending my S to school, one of my long lost family friend called up. Needless to say i was startled. They informed me that they had some work which was somewhere near our place and expressed their inclination to visit us. I was ecstatic. I was quick to give weight to having all of them dinner with us.

A whirlwind trip to the nearby grocery stored followed. Even though the last time we met i knew they had very simple food habits, yet now years passing by and the kids growing up, i was skeptical as to what to serve them. These days the kids have a different menu everywhere, yet i tried my best to keep it as a fusion of simple and contemporary.

My guests arrived in the evening and what a lovely time we had after so many years. Stories of not so long ago but seemed like centuries ago. The kids looked all grown up yet the element of innocence was still there. My simple food was savored by both young and old and what could i as for. I worked almost the rest of the day from cooking to setting up my small space which looks no less than a battlefield for most part of the day. The guests left satiated and the host could not be happier. The weekend started good but the Saturday rain dampened the day.

I hope wherever you are enjoying or relaxing and if not anything catching up with your lost sleep. Catch you all on Monday....

No comments:

Post a Comment