Monday, September 17, 2018

Tiffin Tales 11

Hola.......

Welcome to another frenetic week. The last weekend, i was almost a single parent to my kids and i cannot explain what a rip-roaring weekend it was. As i said about the universe conspiring to wreck my weekend sleep, it verified so well. Kids classes, birthday invitations, attending another function and i almost tugged me and my children at the events.

Since the school opened, my S had been pestering me to bake him some cake or muffins. I am not a very good baker and my cakes are most of the time hit or miss ones. I try to experiment with different but mostly stick to the basic cake recipe. The weekend was hectic but somehow found baking at the end of Sunday was somewhat therapeutic.

When i told my S, 'let's bake something', his eyes almost shone up. While i stuck to the basic cake recipe, i decided to go for muffins and add some fresh blueberries. I had a box of blueberries which i wanted to finish else they go waste, and i ended up adding them as topping. The entire house smells heavenly when we bake something and my S couldn't wait for the time period. His patience paid off well when he enjoyed his piece if muffin and i  couldn't be happier. All my fatigue seemed to evaporate instantly.

This morning i tried something with my S lunch box. On my last trip to the grocery store got a packet of farro. In the packet of farro was another small packet with the flavor mix of pumpkin and sage. It looked good and sounded interesting. My curiosity was satiated by google god, who described farro to be healthy and high in fibre. It a kind of healthy wheat and needs very less effort to cook. So what i did, in a heated pan, i added a few drops of olive oil and the farro straight from the packet and added the spice from which was provided. I stirred it for a couple of minutes and transferred it to rice cooker adding required water. It took 15-20 minutes to cook and make it fluffy enough. I am anxiously waiting for my S feedback which i will share tomorrow. Meanwhile the snack box had pears and strawberries and his regular dose of yoghurt.

Catch you all tomorrow.........

No comments:

Post a Comment