Thursday, September 13, 2018

Tiffin Tales 9

Hola...

I am so excited today. Even though i am quite far away from the actual festive atmosphere back home, yet i can almost feel the palpitation of the festivities. The richness of the festival, the aroma of arrangements, the hustle bustle, the anticipation collectively satiates the heart.

If you are aware of Lord Ganesh, youngest son of Hindu Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati, you will know a bit more about Ganesh Chaturthi. I can explain in details, but in a separate post. Growing up in a small town we quite never celebrated this festival, but the month of September would be the dawn of festive month. I am a Bengali who swears by Goddess Durga and Kali and the groundwork for the celebration would start in this month.

Sometime time later in this month i will try to jot down a few more memories of the preparations of the Durga Puja but as of today i would like to soak in the Ganesh Puja atmosphere. Over the years and with time, we have started to celebrate widely Ganesh Puja and Rakhi.

This morning woke up feeling a bit festive. I tried to explain a little bit of Lord Ganesha to my little S but since morning hours and minutes are precious and crazy, we could not talk much. I guess i was thinking too much about the festivities back home so could not make much for his lunch box today. I ended up making 'upma' with green beans and carrots and a dash of ghee. For his snack box, i gave him fruits and a cheese stick.

To my stupefaction at the pace with which time rushes we are almost there to another weekend. Tomorrow certainly looks a bit busy but i will try to share my madness here. Till then happy times...

No comments:

Post a Comment