Friday, September 14, 2018

Tiffin Tales 10

Hola...

Whoopee, we all managed to reach another weekend. I am so looking forward to my weekend sleep but  i am pretty much sure that the universe must have already conspired to wreck my plan. Even though there will be no morning alarms, yet my children have that extra sensibility and sensitivity to sense weekends. It's almost festive time for them. My S will smilingly wake up to poke and gently remind me that there its a non school day. Deep down my heart i smile too because i have less chopping and cooking.

As i said of the universe conspiring, there have many weekends when people call without realizing the local time. I never get annoyed because i always appreciate people who think and spare some time to talk to me and my family. The different time zones create more confusions and yes morning sleep is terminated. On busy weekdays grandparents wait to talk to their grandchildren or video chat with them. These days most social sites offer calling and we all try to make most of it. There have been times when excited grandparents called us up to wish my S Happy Birthday in the middle of the night. Without sensing the time they called only to be disappointed to be let known that he cannot be woken up now. I still feel sad remembering that night.

Fast forward, yes, it's an autumn September weekend. This morning has been a bit interesting and uninteresting in both ways. My S refused to carry his lunch box today expressing his desire to have 'hot lunch' from school. I wasn't concerned that much until this morning when his dad declared that his account is not reflecting the amount we sent for his lunch. Gosh, my S was almost in tears but it was me who froze for a couple of seconds. My relaxed state of mind almost turned into a battlefield wondering from where should i start. Since i had very little time, i could not come up with any favorite thing of S. I just wanted something which would be filling and nutritious. I am not a fan of frozen items and rarely you will ever find my freezer stocked with those unless we are preparing for some hurricane or tornado. Potatoes are the best friends and given its versatility, this vegetable is a winner in almost everyones kitchen. Tick-tock, tick-tock, i boil them and make mashed potatoes and a vegetable burger to go with that. I hurriedly pack everything and the snack box had pears and cheese. Phew, where did my morning go? Now, you know too...

Have a great weekend folk, and enjoy every single second of it, even if you spend sleeping.....

No comments:

Post a Comment