Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Tiffin Tales 8

Hola...

The Sun is radiant today. The tender winds are making the leaves look golden. Some of the leaves have started to change its color and the others are gearing up as well. Since i almost had an overwhelming day, this morning i decided to b-r-e-a-t-h-e and take things easy. There were some tasks which needed my attention but i decided to push them a bit farther.

I am not a tea/coffee person and there have been tons of people in my life who have questioned me about my lack of interest in these beverages. Even though most of the time i fail to make people understand that life can go on smoothly without tea/coffee especially the mornings. My own mother refuses to start the morning without her tea. Tea is almost like morning prayer to her. Growing up in a small place tea was and still is the first things offered to guests after water. Over the years soft drinks and other beverages have slowly occupied a lot of place in the kitchen and fridge shelves but tea still holds the prominence and dominance in most of the houses.

If i speak about my native place and tea i will have to add another important aspect, most people start their day with black tea. Yes, simple loose tea leaves strained with hot water with some sugar and a dash of lemon juice. Of course there are another section who do not consider to be tea at all unless milk is added to it. Now some people argue that milk leads to acidity while the other group crack up at the thought of black tea.

People who are on a simple weight loss journey substitute sugar with honey and a drop of lemon juice to their first cup of tea in the morning. So tea lovers always find distinct ways to enjoy their cups. Even when the sun is fierce and blazing outside and people usually love to sip in some ice cold lemonade or soda there are people who find tea to be their beverage.

There are different kinds of tea and in my childhood i have been to different tea gardens and in some had access to visit the factories as well. The kids these days would call them field trip but now a trip down my memory lane takes me to those factories where we saw the different stages of tea sorting and packaging. The winds almost made me smell those factories.

Now isn't it funny that growing up in place where people still adore tea i have no affinity towards tea be with or without milk. Winters do tempt me at times to sip in a cup of tea but mostly its green tea. Is it the smart packaging or marketing tactics to improve your immunity that attracted me towards green tea? Well, none.... My Uncle used to have them and i always used to be curious about the taste until he shared with me. I liked that and somehow that taste grew in me. Now, on few occasions when i have green tea its like an ode to my childhood memories.

Oh yes, i almost to share my lunch box menu. Since i was not interested in any detailed menu today i packed vegetable and egg rice. The snack box had peach and berries and a small pack of yoghurt.

Enjoy the midweek!

No comments:

Post a Comment