Monday, December 17, 2018

Tiffin Tales 73

Hola...

Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle all the way...Yes, we are just one week away from Christmas. The air smells cakes and everything around us looks so festive.

This morning my S woke up singing these lines, perhaps Santa visited him in his dreams last night. He smilingly asked me if today was Christmas or not but I lovingly replied that its next week. The schools will remain closed for ten days for the Christmas and New Years and the children get a break to soak in the festive season.

Growing up our way of celebrating Christmas was different from the way my children are celebrating now. We knew Santa but he never brought any gifts to us. Now that I buy small little presents for my children I wish to revisit my childhood, not for any gifts but to experience that level of innocence. There were limited number of bakeries in my place but they used to work over time to meet up with the demands. Now i wish Santa answers my prayers. If i dream through my children's eyes, i wish to get a pair of wings. I want to fly and meet my parents. Days, months and years pass I wait to catch a glimpse of them perhaps a pair of wings will help to cover the distance shorter.

Magical dreams and wishes are a part of this festival. I pray that who ever is reading these lines, all their wishes are fulfilled. Please pray for me too. On this good note today i made sandwiches for his lunch box. I also added some chips too. His snack box had a fruit bar a few crackers and yoghurt.

Enjoy this festive season to the core. I pray may peace reign all over...

No comments:

Post a Comment