Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Tiffin Tales 74

Hola...

Friends this year the winters aren't treating me well. They are pretty unfair to me. Every other day a winter bug visits me making me sick and dull. Hence I am unable to enjoy the season as much I could or should have. Well we have somewhat prolonged winters so I am hopeful that I will get time to enjoy winters and some snow too. But I feel there is some kind of conjuration between winters and Christmas. The alchemy between them makes everything look dazzling even the white snow.

There isn't much to do outdoors in winters. I remember in my childhood the winter special vegetables used to look different. To me they were fresh and so very colorful and we weren't familiar with the word 'organic'. The fruits and vegetables were seasonal and my grandmother used to remind my father not to get anything unseasonal. Now with yearly produce we never seem to miss any fruits and vegetables. But i miss the color of the seasonal produces. Mangoes are best in summers but whenever I see them in winters I feel they look upset too. As a result we keep making the same curry with the same set of vegetables almost all year round. These day I rely on some food groups for creative ideas.  I am not very creative but love to explore and in terms of posting pictures of my dishes I am almost in a different planet. On seeing the same set of vegetablesI scratch my head thinking of a new dish every alternate day. Health is also a priority hence I am not very liberal with oil and spices. My thoughts though!


This morning was a rushed one since I woke up late owing to my poor health. I made some 'puri' with some vegetable curry for lunch box. You must be wondering why i indulge in 'puris'. My S likes them and i don't mind him in indulging in his growing up years of his life. Mother's love you see. His snack had a few pieces of apples and some blueberries and yoghurt.

I hope to get better even though i am still not fully recovered. You guys enjoy your day and moments because misfortunes and sickness never inform anyone about their arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment