Thursday, November 8, 2018

Tiffin Tales 49

Hola...

So with Diwali festivals are 'almost' over. We Bengali's have a common saying that "we have 13 festivals" in 12 months. We take pride in celebrating those but Diwali is now almost a national festival. People celebrate Diwali irrespective of religion or region.

We tried our best to celebrate Diwali in our small little way. I made a couple of dry and gravy items. I tried to make a small little 'rangoli'. In the evening we dressed up a bit, we lit all the candles and celebrated with a few sparklers. The joy on my S's face was unparalleled.

Each festival has its own uniqueness. What each festival does is to bring the families together. We always look for that perfect moment to celebrate but in the process of making that moment perfect we add memories for lifetime. Make each moment so precious that you would like to remember them lovingly.

I am still in a 'Diwali hungover'. Life is rushing so fast but i want to pause a bit. To breathe, to relax and watch my children growing. They are growing up at an agile speed.

I somehow woke up early this morning and cleaned up all the candles and the drops of wax. For my S's lunch box i made him egg fried rice with some vegetables. His snack box had apples, a small sweet and yoghurt.

Enjoy your day folks and cherish every moment of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment