Thursday, November 1, 2018

Tiffin Tales 44

Hola...

I hope everyone had a spooky and enjoyable Halloween yesterday.

Hello November.  Welcome to the second last month of the year. 2018 is almost coming to close with lots of memories and experiences. The month of November is a mix of spring and winter. The last batch of leaves in tree fade away and the days get shorter and shorter.

It's a cloudy day and we need lights to see things clearly inside the house. Lots of kids came yesterday for trick or treat and along with them came lots of dried strewn leaves. This morning the hallway smelt somewhat sweet. People must have used pumpkin and cinnamon candles yesterday and the air was still stuck.

Today after a long time spoke to a person who almost rejuvenated me. I in fact texted her  asking about her wellbeing and she in turn called me back and funnily enough our conversation lasted for 1 hour. Lots of catch but i enjoyed was a candid conversation. She is an honest person but as matter of fact people always do not enjoy people much. Fake things and people captivate others more while the honest are little left aside. As for myself i do not have galore of friends but there are some who are keepers for life.

This is what i want to teach my children. Having a lot of things doesn't have immense happiness. The real happiness is in sharing, being compassionate with others and enjoying whatever we have. I certainly do not expect the tiny humans do understand such profundity but i am hopeful that some of efforts will be appreciated if not all.

Halloween comes with lots of candies and gorging on a few of them my S wanted something salty but less spicy and it was he who was me for 'upma'. I made it with cauliflower, peas and carrots. HI snack box had apples and grapes and yoghurt.

I hope you enjoy your Thursday and i will share another snippet with you all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment