Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Tiffin Tales 52

Hola...

In continuation to my last post i found a quotation by Rabindranath Tagore, "Don't limit a child to your own learning, for he was born in another time." I wonder how aptly he said that and perhaps this is what we call vision.

Our children are born out of us but they are independent individuals. We need to guide them but they cannot be completely our shadow. Just like the way we grew up and graduated to become parents, similarly they need to use their own wings rise and fly high in the sky. The initial years of a babies life are perhaps the years when they are completely dependent on us. With time they start to grow, develop, discover and gradually take decisions.

I realize it everyday that with each passing year my children especially my S is getting self reliant with his thoughts and activities. He needs very little help to do his daily activities and quite clearly expresses his opinions. Sometimes his way of looking at things leaves me dumfounded but at times i swell with pride that he is getting vocal of the things he sees around.

Most often than not we get affected with our surroundings and we try to protect our children but unless our children a bit of adversities how will they learn. Life has its own way of teaching a lesson to everyone but as parents we try to shield them from all.

This morning my S demanded 'puri' for his lunch box but a cursory glance at my clock refused to agree. Hence unwillingly he carried in his lunch box rice with boiled egg and steamed vegetables. I promised to him 'puri' tomorrow which somehow saved the day from meltdown. His snack box had fruits, a small fig roll and yoghurt.

I hope life gives you many moments to smile. Hold on to them tight, because they escape very soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment