Thursday, November 22, 2018

Tiffin Tales 59

Hola..

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I hope you all are enjoying this wonderful day surrounded by the warmth of family and friends over scrumptious food.

As we actively do not celebrate this day yet we can feel strong vibes of this day all around us. Over the years i have seen people celebrate this day awaiting for their loved ones. Parents enthusiastically wait for their children to arrive for a break and share some food and laughter. The empty nests are once again filled with chirpiness and giggles before the birds once again fly out.

We started our day a bit late enjoying some extra sleep time. I am extra grateful to my children who let me sleep a bit more today. Breakfast was late and so was lunch. Everything was moving at snail pace today even though no one seemed to complain. Music was playing almost the entire day even though it was an eclectic combination from nursery rhymes to jazz to Indian classical music. We did not cook anything elaborate today even though my S wanted something different today as its a holiday. So along with his dad, they baked a fresh batch of orange muffin and the house smells delectable.

I am so so grateful for these moments in my life for these moments are the true treasures for me. I might not know the true essence of this day but i can always express my gratitude for this day and for the days to come.

Have a blessed day not just today but for all days to come. Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment