Monday, November 12, 2018

Tiffin Tales 51

Hola...

It's another day of another week and i hope you all have been enjoying the season. The leaves are all gone and so are the pumpkins. My neighbors have have beautifully decorated their houses with lights and the houses look dazzling indeed.

Today i would like to discuss something different. We all at some point do it in our lives, not necessarily with our children but in any relation. We compare either ourselves or our state or relations with others. As my children are growing i am increasing finding it difficult to restraint myself from comparing them with others. When we are blessed with a second child we tend to compare them with their older sibling. Every new act or activity is compared with the previous one irrespective of gender. We monitor the time frame when the elder one started to talk and compare the younger ones time they take. I know we all are uniquely different.

This weekend i was upset with my S because he made some pointless mistake while calculating his numbers in school. I knew from him that a few other students had scored well while he made those childish mistakes. When i further questioned he promptly requested me not to compare him with others. I was surprised to an extent.

For most of the weekend i questioned myself that what exactly is wrong. Is it wrong to expect that your child does well in class or to expect that your child will do well like the other students of the class. Even though i fairly get the fact straight that we all make mistakes and mistakes are learning steps, yet somewhere i am still confused with comparison and expectation.

It might sound a very trivial to some and perhaps to me too in few years from now yet the profundity between the differences is somewhat surprising me. With time i might get all my answers or time will teach me in its own way. As of now my thought of the day should be to encourage my children and compare less and less to others children. Well, i am a human too...

Todays lunch box had 'roti subzi'. I do not know how far he will eat that but i trusted my cooking skills and packed it for him. His snack box had peaches, a few green grapes and yoghurt.

Thanks for stopping by and i hope you all enjoy the day and rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment