Friday, November 16, 2018

Tiffin Tales 55

Hola...

It's Friday again and its a windy, cloudy day here. Today is a slow day and i feeling a bit low. I guess it could be because of the weather, yet the weekend looks packed with onus of things to do.

This morning was a bit crazy. It's cold here and both me and S were missing our gloves. Strangely we both one of the each pairs. We were crazily looking for those and in the pursuit of our search we messed up a lot of stuff. We searched for ten minutes but created a mess which needed close forty minutes to clean them.

At the end of my search i found out one of my long lost of scarves. I remember i searched for that scarf almost entire last winter. It isn't any branded or any gift. I remember buying it from a lady at a local store in my native place. The scarf had some unique feeling which used to give warmth. As i had bought it from my native place a unique feeling would caress me. I always felt it smelt different too.  It was a winter evening and me along with my parents had went out to visit a local fair. There were stalls from adjoining states showcasing best of their exclusive stuff. One lady was there selling woolen items. Her collection was very vibrant and she claimed every single item in her stall was hand woven. The collection included sweaters, mufflers, scarves, some stoles, baby socks, mittens and woolen caps. I stopped and and was quite impressed with the play of colors at her stall. The best part of her stall was her smile. She smiled at every single customer she was attending and her smile was pretty infectious. The smile was so communicable that a lot of ladies complemented her right away. I chose a scarf which had a nice floral design. Not only did i carry the scarf with me but her smile somehow got etched in my memory and perhaps that's the reason i can so clearly remember and jot it down.

With the avalanche of clothes that children collect each year for every season, my scarf got buried somewhere. Last winter i frantically looked for it and declared that i lost it and perhaps shed a tear or two. But today owing to the loss of our mittens i found it again and i so glad to be united with that. It certainly has the warmth of my place and whenever i wear it i feel i am not so far from my native place.

Friday is officially Pizza day for my S, hence i made him some 'paratha's' along with a cheese stick for his snack. I hope you all enjoy your weekend. Do everything that rejuvenates you and catch you all next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment